Wednesday 26 November 2008

Internet - Good For The Brain?

Having my internet homepage set to BBC News is sometimes quite useful, because it gave me an idea for this blog.
"Internet Access Is Good For The Brain" caught my eye. I was shocked, scientists and doctors are always saying that internet is bad for the brain, and too much of it can affect teenagers and children in certain ways. So why have they suddenly changed their minds?!
I agree that the internet can be useful, for the odd fact off Wikipedia, or typing up one of those long essays, but can you benefit from it in the long run?
I admit, I am on the computer a lot, and while im doing homework, I am constantly logged into Facebook and listening to music, but I don't think this is helping me with anything.
From reading the article on BBC News, it says that being on the internet helps to counteract the age-related physiological changes that cause the brain to slow down.
So from being on the internet, we're keeping our brains young, so keep at it!
Stay on Facebook for hours on end, cause at the end of the day, its keeping our brains young :)
This has been a satisfying finding, as I don't feel bad about myself for being on the internet all night long...

2 comments:

Sacha van Straten said...

Hi Susie,

Well observed.

Have a look at my recent posting, which is about a similar piece of research.

http://digitalnativemrv.blogspot.com/2008/11/online-time-is-beneficial-for-teens.html

S

Susie Richardson said...

Will do :)