Saturday 14 March 2009

Youtube?!

Youtube has stopped playing music videos...



I mentioned in one of my earlier blogs that I often spend a long time wandering around Youtube, and often end up on someone different to what I started on.
Although this was a bad habit, I enjoyed it, and enjoyed the amount I was able to access that was linked to the topic of interest.
Now, I do not have the chance to carry on with this bad habit! A lot of the things I search on Youtube are music videos that I have not yet downloaded from iTunes.

This may be a disappointment for me, it is good for the rest of the media world. Artists could be losing money because of their work being displayed for free across the internet. It may also be reducing the amount of innapropriate images and language being displayed for all of society. The amount of young children now accessing the internet is increasing rapidly, and the idea of reducing the amount of innapropriate factors within the music industry is a clever idea. This could overall change ideas about the music industry and different artists through generations.

The positive of what has happened with Youtube outweighs the negative, but I still won't be able to wander as much!


No comments: