Monday 6 April 2009

Facebook expands its sources... to clothing...

I opened an internet page, and without thinking, typed Facebook into the Google toolbar, I'm glad I did, not only did it come up with the official Facebook site, but it came up with a site called:


Mashable?
Anyway, so I clicked on it, underneath the hyperlink there was a few lines explaining it, as usual, and what caught my eye was,
"Here’s an idea that you’ll wish you thought of first: Facebook status updates as t-shirts!"
I thought this was ridiculous, but clicked on the link anyway. This is some words I have picked up from the site itself:

- Status King is a new application on Facebook that simply lets you order shirts with your favorite answer to “what are you doing right now?”

- While on its own that’s a pretty clever (though easy to duplicate) idea, the Status King application also includes some features that let you have fun with status updates, even if you don’t ultimately buy a t-shirt.

Facebook has already brainwashed the internet side of life, but somehow, it has again managed to target a different area, and shortly, you can tell, lots of people will have these status t-shirts. On the website, it said "you wish you had thought of yourself"... really? I would rather not wear my status on my t-shirt, I think it may look a bit stupid, but, as I said, I think that this may become quite big, so we will see if people look silly or not.
Also... what if you pick a really stupid or boring status to put on your t-shirt? Then thats just a waste...

This just shows how much of an impact Facebook has become, and the effect of people using it too much and becoming, potentially, addicted. I thought I was addicted, until i read this article.

Here is a picture that I found on the site, of an example of the t-shirts.



No comments: